The Regulations make it a duty of every employer and self-employed person to comply with the provisions of the Regulations relating to matters which are within their control. This includes having the wiring systems periodically examined by a competent person.
In addition many property damage insurers are insisting as part of the renewal process, that wiring installations are examined and certificated to the latest standards in order that they continue to underwrite the risk. Electrical fault causes over 25% of all fires.
Here at NDML Ltd we can assist you in compliance with these legal and insurance requirements.
Service you can expect from our providers
Electrical inspections and reports with are in accordance with Part 7 of BS 7671, the Requirements for Electrical Installations (IEE Wiring Regulations 17th Edition), which includes:
- Measurement of Prospective Short Circuit Current
- Earth Fault Loop Impendance (mains to final circuit)
- Continuity for any Ring Final Conductors including Main and
- Supplementary Equipotential Bonding Circuits
- Insulation Resistance
- Earth Electrode Resistance (where applicable)
- Operation of Residual Current Devices
- Safety Requirements of the Electricity of Work Regulations (exposed)
In addition, a visual examination will be made by the Engineers to verify that the installed equipment is not visibly damaged so as to impair safety.
The advantages of using our providers
- You are safe in the knowledge that inspections are carried out by an accredited company
- Assists you to comply with the Regulations
- Completely independent i.e. will not be looking for additional work rolling inspection
- Uniform approach to inspection throughout the UK
- High standard of inspection by qualified engineers
- Competitive rates
- Will satisfy fire insurers requirements